Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Late

There hasn't been time lately to blog. Surely I was afraid that this would happen. There wasn't any photos to blog about, since I hadn't even had time to get out and shoot. Explanation: working. We were loaded with work, not so much any more. Hillsdale is suffering drought like conditions, therefore no green grass and nothing to mow. Last Thursday we all left for our boat, and my son and I stayed here, and are still here in Grand Haven. I started to blog yesterday, but it wasn't saving right so then I decided that I should probably take Jaden to the beach like promised. This was our mommy and son week, and now it's Wednesday, I am ready for my break! It hasn't been bad, Monday we had to get groceries and went swimming in the pool, Tuesday we went to the beach. We tried to make sand castles but that didn't go well, the sand wouldn't come out of the garbage pail we took. So then Jaden just swam for 2 hours, in the what I thought was freezing water! Oh, I also got sunburned on the front of my legs, and the middle of my back. Sunday all of us had sunburn on our legs from the knees down, how? Riding the jetski. Oh, crazy stuff happened right here in Grand Haven Last Saturday. About 9:30 p.m. we started hearing tons of sirens and what not, and we were sitting at the neighbors picnic table watching the coast guard and police boats fly by. Turns out there was a boating accident, a man who was supposedly drinking hit another boat causing the other boat to sink. There were two people on the sinking boat, a man and a woman, the woman managed to cling to the side of the boat until anther boat picked her up and she was in serious condition and the man was thrown from the boat. The search lasted for 4 hours in the dark. At that point they were not doing search and rescue, it was search and recovery. The man was found 17 hours after the accident. Isn't that just said, you would think people would learn not to drink and drive, let alone boat and drink-bad news for the man on the boat that didn't sink, the coast guard does not tolerate drinking and boating! Here is a link to the newspaper story: http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/299112414869642.bsp
No pictures this time, the picture uploader isn't working. I will try to get some more on here as quickly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment