Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 8

It's starting to feel like we're stuck on a deserted island! My husband keeps getting later and later. Originally he was going to come on Thursday, but for some reason, I got the impression that he was just saying that! Well anyway, Thursday night he had no idea if he was going to have to work all day Friday or if he would be able to leave Friday morning! It's looking more like it's going to be Friday afternoon. Who knows-I sure don't! Tomorrow is his birthday and my son and I were so excited to get him up here with us, plus it's really lonely when no one else is here!

Last night Jaden and I tried a new restaurant because it was so windy we couldn't keep the grill going and our chicken was frozen. Mr Scribs it is called. I think it is a great place for pizza and subs, but you might want to pass on the ribs and seafood-my opinion-I am not an official food critic so don't take any of that to heart and put me in the papers!

While trying to make sure my son has a memorable week with his mommy, I have been diligently working to whittle away at the stack of photos awaiting edits so I can also remove the ones from my cameras so they can be added to a new stack awaiting edits. Some of these have been waiting so long I forgot I took them!
Photobucket
I call this one "love birds".
Photobucket
I call this one "bashful"
amy howe
This one is "Three IS a crowd"
Photobucket
This one is called"stop pooping on my car please"
These were taken at the marina. We have a tree that has a couple branches that these birds seem to prefer over the hundreds of others. Everyday I have to wash my car because it seems to have a big bulls eye on it for the birds!

A few weekends ago, when my husband and I brought the truck and the jet ski up here, we went by the old fur tannery factory, I am not exactly sure what it was because it's been closed for about 5 years, and I haven't been here for five years. I am told though that it smelled horrible! Anyway we went by this and I added a wash and hdr, gave it a new feel
Amy Howe
Photobucket
The top one is hdr and the bottom is a washed version. I think the wash version makes it look like an old photo.

Last weekend-is when most of these photos were taken, I was having camera withdraws, so I walked around the marina to find some interesting things to shoot.
Photobucket
People are complaining about the lily pads, but they have these flowers that I personally think makes them okay. Sometimes they form hearts and make feel a little squishy inside.
Photobucket

Now I can unload my cameras and have some more for tomorrow! Happy 8 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment