Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The cost of wedding photography

The other day I was reading another photographers blog about under pricing your work to get the job.   A few weeks ago I actually gave the lowest quote EVER on formal wedding portraits and was turned down.  They were thinking of spending less than the quote I gave them.  Now I do believe that I am a pretty darn good photographer and I have pretty decent equipment and I think (my own opinion of course) that my customers are going to get the best possible customer satisfaction. 

Personally I would like to believe that I go above and beyond.   You know why I do it though; because I LOVE it!  I honestly can't stop myself.  Taking photos is my 3rd love with my hubby and son taking 1st and 2nd.  So what does all this love of photography have to do with money?

Let me explain why I gave the cheapest wedding quote.  Twelve years ago when my husband and I got married, we could not afford to pay for a photographer.  The cheapest quote we got was $1200.00.  Our family provided many photos for us, but nonetheless they were not "professional".   When I decided to be "professional" I wanted to be affordable but I need to make a living too.  I do have limits and let me say this--- I am NOT the cheapest, but I do offer a couple cheaper wedding photography package.

Why?  Let me answer that for you.  Everyone.  Everyone should be able to afford professional portraits. What makes me different from the photographer who's cheapest price is $1200.00?  Nothing, I just want to make sure that everyone can afford to have a professional photographer at their wedding.  Even if it's only for a couple hours.

I am guessing at this point your (hopefully) wondering well what are the prices?  I am still working on that and I actually went over the new wedding prices with some customers and they felt that they were fair prices. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket 
What are the prices?  You need to call or email and set up an appointment so we can get together.  I will bring my portfolio for you to view and go over the prices and what is included with those prices, but know this, there is a price for every budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment