Monday, March 21, 2011

A promise is a promise

Well, now that I am home and staple free as of today, slowly starting to feel better and hurt less--I thought I would go ahead and tell you of the last snowmobile trip of the season.  In my previous blog I did share a couple photos, from the ice shelf on Lake Superior. 
Photobucket
This has to be the most amazing thing. I know it's not super significant, but since I have never seen anything like this, nor had my husband or my son, it made the trip worth it.

Let's start here, snowmobiling is NOT my favorite thing to do. I actually find it very boring, let me tell you why. First, you ride by yourself and talk to yourself, please don't misunderstand; you have a group of people, but you are on your own snowmobile using hand signals unless you stop. Second, it's very easy to get cold. Third the trails can be really rough. Fourth, the towns you stop at, usually miles apart, consist of a bar/restaurant and a gas station, usually not very nice.  Fifth, well I could go on all day as to why I don't like it...but I think everyone gets the point.
Do you want to know why this trip was the best trip ever?
We went all the way up to Newberry in the U.P. The last trip to Newberry, well it wasn't great. This time we arrived right after a snow storm which made for wonderful trails.
Photobucket
It was also really cool when you were riding down the trail and there was snow as high as you! When we were stopped, I stepped off the trail to take this photo
Photobucket
and the snow was up past my knees!
The whole time I was riding, I kept thinking I can not wait to blog a bout this trip! The trails were smooth, the snow was piled up and the tree stumps looked like mushroom because of the giant piles of snow on top of them. It was beautiful!  As many times as I have been snowmobiling, this trip will always be remembered, with the smooth like butta trails and the ice shelfs!  Oh it was the first time I got to go snowmobiling with my son too! 

Photobucket
More photos:
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
This blog should have been done sooner, like right after I got off the snowmobile, so you would have been able to feel my excitement, but like I said, I will never forget this trip.
Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment